July 14th, 2015
Tim Casson in the studio, University of Bedford, July 2013
Sampler plugin for Quartz Composer. Loop live video, MIDI data, or any other values. This version was created as part of Fiend, a collaboration with choreographer and dancer Tim Casson. Previous work was kindly supported by Thomas Pachoud and Australian Dance Theatre, from an original idea by Joris/goto10.
Download Sampler Plugin (3, 14 July 2015)
- Add multiple Samplers per patch
- Add Limit Mode input
- Add Once repeat mode
- Add setting to optionally disable passthrough on empty Samplers
- Improve timing accuracy
- Improve reliability under low memory conditions
Read the rest of this entry »
March 18th, 2014
I will be at the Mapping Festival in Geneva, delivering the Mappathon workshop with long-time collaborator Anton Marini, David Lublin of Vidvox and the very talented CHiKA.
January 29th, 2014
Since the autumn of 2012 I have been working with dancer and choreographer Tim Casson on Fiend, a solo dance performance with live video which will get its first outing in April 2014.
February 28th, 2013
Hap is a codec for fast video playback I developed for Vidvox. Everything is open-source, including the codec and example code to get it running in third-party applications.
There’s an article and installer over on their site.
April 11th, 2012
Sampler in use in Australian Dance Theatre's Proximity
Sampler plugin for Quartz Composer. Loop live video, MIDI data, or any other values. Thanks to Thomas Pachoud and Australian Dance Theatre for supporting work on this, and to Joris/goto10 for the original idea.
Download Sampler Plugin (version 3)
Version 2 is still available here.
- Fix issue introduced in 2.1 which caused some images to be displayed upside down
- Fix issue which caused some structures to be reordered
- Improved performance
- Add Offset input to allow playhead manipulation during recording and playback
- Add Loop Mode input and support for palindromic looping
- Add setting to optionally discard alpha
January 24th, 2012
In 2009 vade and I developed the VVFFGL framework which provides FreeFrame GL support for VDMX. Vidvox have open-sourced our work: as well as the framework there’s a Quartz Composer plugin for running FreeFrame GL (and older FreeFrame 1.0) plugins in Quartz Composer.