Sampler plugin for Quartz Composer. Loop live video, MIDI data, or any other values. Thanks to Thomas Pachoud and Australian Dance Theatre for supporting work on this, and to Joris/goto10 for the original idea.
Download Sampler Plugin (2.2, 31 January 2013)
- Fix issue introduced in 2.1 which caused some images to be displayed upside down
- Fix issue which caused some structures to be reordered
- Improved performance
- Add Offset input to allow playhead manipulation during recording and playback
- Add Loop Mode input and support for palindromic looping
- Add setting to optionally discard alpha
I won’t make it to GLI.TC/H in person, but I’m there in spirit in Bob Weisz & Paul Korz’s installation at the gallery, and I’ll be making a long-armed remote-control appearance at vade’s Realtime Glitching workshop on the Saturday.
Addendum: Nice writeup by Tom McCormack at http://rhizome.org/editorial/3819
A plugin for Quartz Composer to misrepresent pixel-buffer data on the GPU.
GL_BGRA GL_FLOAT read as GL_RGB_422_APPLE GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT_8_8_APPLE at 2 x width
GL_BGRA GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT_1_5_5_5_REV read as GL_LUMINANCE_ALPHA GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE at 1.004 x width